Tuesday, March 19, 2013

Life....It's so short.

Each day I wake up and I try to remember, it could be my last. However, I sometimes forget this. I continue on with my life as if I have 100 years to spare and as if everyone around me will be here always.

I've been crazy busy the last few months with work. My relationships, I feel, have been neglected. My phone calls and time spent with Doug, friends and family have been minimal and that's not OK.

I feel that I need to mention, I love my co-workers and the volunteers who I spend much of my time working with. They are awesome people and if I'm going to share my time away from those I love the most, I'm in great company.

This past weekend, Doug and I planned to spend the weekend together (we both took off work on Monday for an extra day). It was exactly what we needed. We went to a party, cooked breakfast, went out for dinner and beers, watch movies, laughed, went shopping, at breakfast at 11am, lunch at 3pm and dinner at 7pm - it was wonderful. We need to do this more often. When we first started dating, we spent every Saturday together out and about. Over the last year, as work for me have become more and more crazy, I find that I've made this less and less of a priority. Shame on me.

I use to travel home once a month to spend a long weekend with my parents - March has been the exception to the rule this year but I haven't been doing that. Going home once an month is something that's really important to me. I wont have my parents forever and I want as much time with them as I can get. I need to be better at this.

I've been trying to grab a weeknight dinner with a friend and forget about the 100 other things I "should" be doing because the laundry, extra hours of work and the other 98 things I "should" be doing, wont really matter if I lose a moment with someone I love and care about.

I need to remember to say "I love you" "Thank you for your time! You're an awesome person" "Thank you for being my friend" and 100 other things I should say to show those around me just how much I care.

No comments:

Post a Comment