Wednesday, March 27, 2013

I think I"ve got friends.....that I can't see

That's right....I said it, I think I have a ghost(s).

I believe in spirits and "ghosts" and have always had a strange "six sense" if you will. My Grandfather (my Dad's Dad) passed shortly after I was born. My Dad has said that my Grandfather was so proud of me and couldn't get over how small I was (I was born 3 months early and just a little thing when I went home). Growing up, I've always had a mental picture of a sterile room, my Grandfather and him holding me --- remember, I was just months old before my Grandfather passed and all my parents have said is that he loved me so very much and that I made him happy in his last months (he died of lung cancer)

Growing up, I would always say, Grandpas in the hallway. My parents passed it off as me being silly. When I was 4 years old, they started to believe. We were on vacation, I was outside playing....My brother and I crossed a road that we were told not to cross. We could hear our names being called....TROUBLE! My brother held my hand. Carrie, we cross on 3 (I'm about 4 and he's 5).....1.....2....drops my hand and runs without me. I get scared and start to run....without looking. A car of teens is headed right for me. I freeze. My parents and cousin will tell you that something picked me up and moved me out of the way of the car. There is no other reason that I wasn't hit by the car other than God (and I like to believe my Grandfather)

When I was around 12, my Dad's Uncle passed away. I met him once, just before he passed. That night, I was sleeping, I had a dream of a woman searching through a phonebook, white lights and my Great Uncle rushing down a hallway.....That next morning, I walked upstairs for breakfast with my Grandma, Mom, Dad, Aunt and Uncle....I sat down and said, Uncle George died. A few moments later, the hospital called. My Uncle had passed.

Many years later, I'm in college. I wake-up early in the morning from a deep sleep, look at the clock and start to cry. That morning, my Dad called, my Grandmother had passed away unexpectedly at the exact moment I woke. I actually told him what time she had passed before he could tell me

So you can say that I've embraced my "six sense" - The Bible talks about spirits and I believe in them.

I moved into this house a few years ago and my laundry has always found it's way out of the dryer and onto the floor....My cats are awful but they aren't smart enough to open the door and throw everything on the floor.

Then I started to hear voices.....I thought maybe I was going crazy. It will be super silent in the house...I'll start to hear very faint talking...nothing that I can understand. I often thing that it sounds like men playing poker. I get annoyed and want to yell "keep in down" to the people sharing the wall....then I remember.....I live alone, I don't share walls and there isn't a good reason other than I'm sharing my house.

Just the other day, I felt cold. I checked the heat.....It had been turned off. Well my cats are 5 ft tall and I didn't do it!

Anyway, I embrace spirits. I don't feel as if they are here to hurt me. Some may think I'm crazy.....I just think I've always felt someone special around me and keeping me safe.

If they start to cut the lights, hurt me or my pets.....then I'm calling in Grandpa. Until then, we can all share the house : )

1 comment:

  1. I never knew all these stories about you! Very cool, thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete