Wednesday, October 10, 2012

Over a year Later....

 
Where has the time gone? It's already been 15 months since I moved into my home. Owning a home is wonderful and painful all at the same time. I LOVE that this is MY home and that I can do what I please, when I please. What I miss about apartment living is the lack of responsibility. I miss those lazy weekends, not full of pulling weeds, cutting the grass, planting flowers and trying to make your yard look as if an actual adult lives inside. Once you make your way through summer you enter the wonderful world of LEAVES. To be honest, I'm not sure which is better...leaves or grass? You slowly make yourself believe its the grass. Then just as you think you can't stand to pull out that mower one more time, you move into winter and snow. Enough said. I think spring may be the only time you're blessed with a little "down" time...however, jury is still out. (Photos of updates to come)
Inside I haven't made many changes....I started with painting the basement....It's still not finished. Then my parents came for a visit and ta da! I have a dishwasher and new counters. I then finished the stairs to the basement. I really do feel that once I have the house 100%.....It will be time to move on to a new house.

In other news.....Since it's been almost two years since my last post. I started a "new" job with Special Olympics PA. I LOVE my job. Yes, I still have days where I wish I didn't have to work. I could sit on the couch all day, watch trashy TV and shop with an unlimited spending account. However, I haven't married into a really well off family (or at all for that matter), my parents won't keep me as a "kept child" and I don't support living off the Government.....So, I wake up and go to my wonderful job. Thankfully, I have a great boss who understands that mornings aren't my friend.

For real this time.....I will update the blog. I don't promise that you will want to read but I will update.

No comments:

Post a Comment