Thursday, October 25, 2012

I love CA!

(taken on the beach at Half Moon Bay during our bike ride)
 
This past March, Megan and I packed our bags to visit Napa, San Fran and Half Moon Bay, CA and these three wonderful people, my Aunt D and Uncle R (who live in Half Moon Bay) and Laura, one of my very best friends from back home (shes not pictured). Let me start off by saying, my parents should have sent me to CA every year when I was growing up. I LOVE IT!

 
We were in CA for 8 days but before we left we headed up to 7 Springs for a couples weekend creating a nice long 10 day vacation! Score. This was the best photo I could get of Doug and I - He was very thirsty and ready to throw more beers back with the boys. (He will kill me if he ever see's this photo)
 

 
This was one of the very first photos we snapped and can I just tell you - Napa, CA is amazing. We drank wine for 2 days and enjoyed every drop and bite of food. What a dream it must be to live there. While in Napa, we were able to say a quick hello to Laura.
 
After spending two amazing days in Napa, we packed up the car (with boxes of wine), cried a lot and drove to San Fran to spend the night and check out a pretty cool play. San Fran is overwhelming for someone like me - so many people, cars and newness. Once we figured things out we had a blast.

The rest of our trip was spent in Half Moon Bay and driving in to explore San Fran (only about a 30 min drive depending on who's driving)! We loved it. My Aunt D and Uncle R put us up in a beautiful hotel (one that my Uncle designed and built) that overlooked the bay. This was my very first real vacation as an adult and it was worth every penny. I'll be heading back out to Napa/San Fran for a long weekend in Jan. and I basically can't wait.


Half Moon Bay

Cheese plate in Napa - Yummy!


No comments:

Post a Comment