Thursday, October 11, 2012

Home improvements......

Did you know that home improvements aren't as quick as an hour show?! Me either.

I was fairly lucky. This house was remodeled from head to toe (for the most part) they didn't touch the bathroom which is just one solid room of tile and blueness.....ugh but it's grown on me. Mainly due to the fact that I refuse to tackle that project.

The first area of updating (Hucker style) took place in the kitchen - don't get me wrong, I had a lovely kitchen but it just needed one little thing.....a dishwasher. Who can live in 2012 without a dishwasher? Not this girl. After almost 4 months of slaving away daily washing dishes, my wonderful parents came out and saved the day!


Before
 
 
A "new" dishwasher, new counters, pot hanging rack and here you go......I love it
 
 
 
 
My parents are wonderful! My Dad did all the work with a little help from me and my Mom. I love when they come to visit!
 
 
Up next......A long time later....I put a little stain on the stairs. They were ugly and basement like. Now they look much better and I almost don't mind walking down them to do laundry.....Almost.

 


 
Up next.....finish the basement. I would like to do something with the floors. They are UGLY! but the floor isn't level, leaving me with a huge project of leveling the floors and then putting down a new floor. Will it get done? I'm not sure. For now, it will do. 

1 comment:

  1. Home projects are a big deal. And I love your cute kitchen! Great job Rog with putting in a dishwasher. Huge improvement!!!

    ReplyDelete