Tuesday, November 13, 2012

Crazyness

This past week we (me, my boss and a few of our Law Enforcement Partners) headed out to Indianapolis for the International Law Enforcement Torch Run Conference - It was simply amazing.

Spending four days with a group of over 900 law enforcement officers and Special Olympics staff members from across the world was refreshing. It opened my eyes and reminded me as to why I love my job.

There aren't words for how touching the Athletes who attended the conference were. Their stories were inspiring. It gives me the push to want to do more and be better - for them.

We also had a lot of fun - We are so incredibly blessed by all of of our law enforcement partners. They are kind and generous and have hearts of gold. Spending four nights getting to know each of them better was so much fun. I truly can't wait for next year and to spend this coming year building the relationships already in place and creating new one.

We returned on Saturday and I was exhausted. Four days of not enjoying my normal 10 hours of sleep was difficult for this girl - Sunday was beautiful but to be honest I didn't want to leave my bed or couch. I was exhausted!

No comments:

Post a Comment