Wednesday, February 20, 2013

Home is where the heart is....

This past weekend, D and I packed up the car and headed back to my parents house for the long weekend. While I wish I lived 4.5 min away from my parents and not the 4.5 hours, I find myself really luck that I'm A) close enough where I can drive and B) that D enjoys my family enough to visit with me!

The main purpose of our trip was to attend a charity dinner auction - My parents have been involved with Freedom Hills Therapeutic Riding Program since my younger sister was just a toddler and she benefited greatly from the program. My parents have served on the BOD for years and help with the planning of the dinner auction. That said, they were super busy Friday night. D and I took the free time to meet up with an old childhood friend of mine. He and his wife just moved back to the DE area and it was wonderful to catch up. There's something to be said for the connection two people have when you can sit down and remember the smallest of childhood details that nobody in your adult life know about. I had a lot of fun and loved getting to know his wife, who is wonderful.

After we finished dinner, D and I went on a bar crawl.....it wasn't much of a crawl since I had to drive to the locations but it was nice to be out and about on my old stomping grounds.

We had a great time Saturday - we didn't really win anything that we wanted. Everything I had my eyes on was stolen from me at the last second by a rude person who would slap their number down after the table had closed. I wasn't in the mood to start a fuss but it kinda made me really upset!

We headed back Sunday AM and hit the worst weather - snow, snow and more snow! I'm really tired of the snow. Enough is enough.

It's always wonderful spending time with my parents but it's never enough. I just need to pick my life, job and friends and move them all back to Landenberg.

No comments:

Post a Comment