Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Tired!

For the last year I've been tired, all the time! And not the normal "I went to bed late and need two more hours" tired. I'm talking I can't get out of bed, lift my head kind of tired.

About a month ago I had an ear infection and went to the doctor, my normal P.A. (who I love) wasn't available and I was sent to see a new doctor and I love her. She asked all the right questions. Symptoms that I thought were due to stress and "old age", pointed her towards a bigger issue.

My doctor sent me to have blood test done and they found that I have a vitamin B12 and D deficiency. They started me on a B12 prescription supplement and an over the counter D vitamin. I can't even start to tell you how amazing I feel.

For the last year or more, I've been struggling....I was always tired. There were days that I didn't and couldn't get up. I wanted to get up but I just could not physically get out of bed. When I did (a girl has to work) I just felt awful. Not anymore. Two weeks later, I have 100 times more energy. I'm sleeping my eight hours and waking up feeling like a normal person. A few other symptoms have vanished or become less noticeable. It's simply amazing at how wonderful I feel. While out the other day, I had a "flashback" of my life a few years ago, I felt joy, I felt the "old" Carrie.

Finally after five years of not feeling like myself, I'm starting to feel like we are finding answers and taking steps in the correct direction to finding my old self.

I wish I had pushed a little harder over the last years but as of now, I'm pretty happy that I'm able to get out of bed at a normal hour (7am) and not feel as if I'm going to smack my head off a table as I fall asleep.

1 comment:

  1. I have the same thing!!! For awhile I was just thinking it was due to pregnancy and having kids and being exhausted all the time - but this was a seriously need a nap right after I wake up kind of feeling. Justin thought I was crazy. So I had my OB do some tests and she found I had the same deficiencies! I love how much more energy I have...even though I'm still drained by my kids :)

    ReplyDelete