Friday, January 11, 2013

Am I old and cranky or has TV turned extra trashy?

Honestly! When did it become acceptable for shows to curse every other word....or at all!?

TLC use to be a great channel....In the last year, it's gone downhill in my opinion (along with a lot of other channels). The other day I was watching TV, it was a Saturday and I had been watching, I believe, Say Yes to the Dress....The next show on was something covering a washed up "singer" from I believe, TLC. All I could hear from the other room was....beep, beep beep..Really? Isn't the name of your channel The Learning Channel? What am I learning? How to be trashy?

I've been going back and forth as to if I should cancel my cable and move over to Hulu and stick with a movie rental service (not that the movies out are all that wonderful). The only channels I NEED are ABC, HGTV, FX and Lifetime and LMN!

Maybe I'm crazy but I just don't want to support trashy TV!

3 comments:

  1. We cancelled cable a long time ago - not because of the trash, but because of the price tag! Now that I have kids though - even shows on network ABC and NBC are getting worse - from gay/lesbian action to more free use of certain curse words - I try to not have the TV on with my kids awake because they will pick it up!!! So I'm right there with you - old and cranky ... :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had no idea you had a blog!! How exciting!! I am adding you to my blog list now so that I can start keeping up with you! What a beautiful piece you wrote about Bob!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm not that great at keeping up with the blog but I have one : ) Thanks, I love/loved Bob - he was an amaizng man.

    ReplyDelete