Monday, September 16, 2013

MIA

I knew that was going to happen! So what the heck have I been doing for the last few months? I'll start with the most recent and try and work my way back!

I started coaching again! A few years ago, I started coaching and I love it. Work got crazy and I had to take a year off and only offer my time as a sub. This year, I'm back and coaching Learn to Skate, private lessons and helping with the synchronized team, when needed. I'm pretty happy and wish I could do this as my "real job" but I'm just not sure I'm the brave, leave your job and depend on X amount of lessons per week, type of person. Maybe when I get married : ) The below photo is of my Niece, Samantha and Nephew, Balin. I taught Sam to skate when she was two - she didn't remember much and pretty much hated being on the ice. Balin thought it was fun until he fell. He then wanted off the ice. It was pretty much a huge bust. Oh well.

My Nephew, Balin and Niece, Samantha
 
My Parents came out for their first PITT game - which just happened to be against FL St. who we do not like at ALL (we're a U of FL Gator family!). PITT lost and there was nothing worse than seeing happy FSU fans. I quickly responded to any FSU bragger with "I'm really a Gator fan (said with the Gator chomp movement). That shuts them up pretty quick.
 

 
Bret and his wife, Jaimy, came out to Pittsburgh for the game. Jaimy went to FSU but despite that flaw, she's pretty awesome. We went to dinner Sunday night and then as an extra bonus, their randomly purchased tickets were in the row over from ours!! It was great spending the weekend with them.
 
I turned 30 - that was pretty awful I basically had a HUGE meltdown and spent the following month miserable. I'm still pretty bitter but I think I've let go of the disappointment of not reaching life goals I'd set and realized that I can't hold myself to goals/dreams I set when I was 16. Goals and dreams change and I am proud of everything I've accomplished during my 30 years of life.
 
Lost 20 pounds! My weight has been a HUGE struggle the last few years and I thankfully found a wonderful doctor who has really worked with me to find the issue and help me reach my goals. I have a long way to go until I hit my target weight but it feels great to finally see the scale go down. I wish all 20 pounds melted off my waist and belly BUT it's slowly coming off on all areas of my body. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that the weight loss continues and realized that I probably wont be the size 0 I was in high school/college BUT I will take a 6 or a 4 : )
 
Hit the two year mark with Doug and hope to spend many more happy years together!
 
I think that's it!
 
 
  



No comments:

Post a Comment