Tuesday, April 23, 2013

A sore body can only mean one thing.....Another great event!

This past weekend, we packed our bags and headed up to "Happy Valley" (State College, PA) for the 2013 Beaver Stadium Run - Seeing as how I went to PITT, I'm never thrilled to be surrounded by thousands of people dressed in blue and white, who believe that PSU is the best place in the world because....They would be wrong. PITT is! The only thing worse would be a visit to WVU.



Putting my school spirit aside and slapping on my adult work hat....I gave my best smile and realized that this is a great fundraiser and friendraiser for Special Olympics PA. What I wont do for the Athletes! The event (a 5K Run or 1 Mile fun walk) raised over $350,000 (which fell just behind the top fundraising event for SOPA, the Pittsburgh Plunge - woohoo!) and had over 3,500 participants. Amazing.

Many people has asked why I love my job. It's simple. I love the Athletes. I'll leave you with a few photos and videos. The video's are of Greg - an Athlete who is running his first 5K - his motivation....seeing his parents at the finish line.


Greg's first 5K

Greg gets some new kicks!

Gregs Running Team
 
 
Greg and his running team (Greg is in the hat next to the guy with the blue sock things)
 
Crossing the line with Franco Harris cheering everyone on!
 
 
I wish I could remember this Athletes name....But he finished and WON an award. He later went to the DJ booth and said..."I'm the only kid in a wheelchair and I won an award"
 
Special Olympics PA has been so good for my heart.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment